Tuesday 20 January 2015

You're Bowtiful

Hello Friends !

Feels great to be back to my blog after quite a long time. Well, do you remember the last time I shared a CAS card here? I'm sure you don't, because it was last year!! :P Well, technically speaking, this is my second post for this year, the first one was actually a scheduled post( my DT post for Indian Quilling Challenge), and the reason for my guest appearances to my own blog being the same old usual stuff all of us get caught up with ...lol...;) (yeah, ...home, kid, job, travel, health issues....etc.)

Although I do keep myself updated about the activities in the blogland like what my friends are upto, what challenges are going on, I really wish God gave me 48 hours a day so that I do not miss playing along any of my favorite challenges. :P Alas !!

 But anyway, I did manage to squeeze in some time to make a card for this month's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge-135--- Felt and Sequins.  ,  Addicted to stamps and more- Make your mark , CAS on Sunday- Stencil it and lovely Darnell's NBUS Challenge-3( NBUS is the Felt fabric I have used here)

Here's my card:



Does it look like the three bands of those happy colours have been tied together to form that bow? Well, I hope it does because that was the whole idea of this card. ;)





I have never used felt before in any of my projects and the idea of making CAS card out of it really appealed to me.  

That bow is handmade out of three different colours of felt (you can find the tutorial for the bow here) and the colourful bands are made by masking and sponging (handmade stencil+memento dew drop inks). 

Added the sequins and finally the sentiment( from Waffle Flowers Bowtiful set).



Hope you liked it. :) 
Thanks for visiting. 



24 comments:

  1. I love the effect you created with your inking and your bow is amazing! Such a fun and colorful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a gorgeous card jasleen. .love the way you create an impact using minimal elements. .The bow is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb!! what a fabulous design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the colours are so vibrant. Your design is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hear you about not enough hours in the day. People get so shocked when I'm leaving them blog comments at 3am but sometimes its the only time I have! Simply love your card, those colours are delicious and the design is brilliant. So happy you joined us at ATSM and hope you can come back again soon....when you find a few more hours!!! (And if you do, please let me know so I can get some too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jasleen. Love the flow of design...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! this is amazing!! love the marks you have made on the side of the bow...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning Jas, it is attractive

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jasleen ..I love your design and the superb stenciling you have done ..It sure does look like three ribbons are tied into the bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty ! Loved the idea of tying the happy colored rays with a bow..I totally agree with Lavina max impact with min elements !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Bowtiful card Jasleen. Loved your colorful felt bow and matching sequins. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday's challenge.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  12. This totally rocks!!! I am loving the rainbow feel of it :) Thank you for taking the time to share with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Jasleen! The way those rainbow stripes communicate with your bow is inspired! Well done! Glad you are back! Hope that you had a very enjoyable time away. 😉 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful..Love the Felt Bow Jasleen..cute fresh colors.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this CAS card!! You truly did an amazing job and I'm glad you shared with us at the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty and bright, Jasleen! It reminds me of a May pole! Since you don't have enough hours in the day to do all that needs doing, including creating and blogging and challenges, I'm very pleased and complimented that you choose my challenge as one to play in!! Thank you!! And did I see on FB that you had a birthday? Happy Belated Birthday and many, many more!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...Jaw dropping beauty with minimal elements....loved the colorful bow n rays coming out from it...totally adorable n awesome...!!
    Hugs..
    Shalu

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg, this card is so creative and THE BOW is the cutest bow i've ever seen!

    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Don't forget to come back to the blog to see who are the winners and the next challenge is coming up soon! I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabuolous!!!! Such a sweet design! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cuteness :-) Loved the bow. Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is awesome love that bow and those colors very vibrant. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Awesome card Jasleen. So colourful and neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)